The Dark Artist armor is a magic-oriented armor set purchased from the Tavernkeep for
2250000*225 in total, after Golem has been defeated. The set consists of the Dark Artist's Hat, Dark Artist's Robe and Dark Artist's Leggings. Wearing the full set increases the attack range of Flameburst sentry summons by 50%, allowing them to attack up to 84 blocks away. It also increases projectile velocity by 40% and increases the field of view significantly.
A full set of Dark Artist armor will provide the following stats:
- +42 defense
- +25% magic damage
- +60% minion damage
- +25% magic critical strike chance
- +15% mana cost reduction
- +20% movement speed bonus
- +3 extra sentry slots
The Dark Artist armor set is an upgrade of the Apprentice armor set.
- The total bonus to max number of sentries is +3, allowing 4 to be summoned at once.
- The Dark Artist's Leggings offer the highest increase to magic DPS for the leg slot.
- The hat and robes give off a small amount of light.
- Its male and female variants look identical.
- If the player has the Brain of Confusion equipped along with Dark Artist set, it will have a different dodge effect, showing blue flames rather than brains.
- This set has the same defense as Spectre armor with the mask option, increases magic damage by a larger percentage, and has almost double the increase in magic critical hit percentage. It does not share the Spectre set's set bonuses; however, the extra slots and bonuses to the Flameburst sentry summons allow it to place 4 powerful sentries at once. This is especially useful in arenas for boss fights, with the set bonus allowing the Flameburst sentries to attack from far away.
- The Dark Artist set's emphasis on sentries and minions make it better suited to a cautious play style. Players that have difficulty attacking while kiting bosses with Spectre armor may find this easier.
- The Dark Artist's leggings give a 25% magical critical hit boost, making them excellent for hybrid sets.
- Valhalla Knight armor
- Red Riding armor
- Shinobi Infiltrator armor
- Apprentice at the Dungeon Defenders 2 Wiki
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Added +20% Movement Speed Bonus on Leggings.
- Added +15% Mana Cost Reduction on Robes.
- Moved 5% of the Minion/Magic Damage from Robes to Hat.
- Desktop 1.3.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.17: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.1096.2: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124.0: Introduced.