|Knockback||3 (Very weak)|
|Use time||30 (Average)|
|Tooltip||Your summons will focus struck enemies|
Strike enemies with dark energy to gain attack speed
Dark energy jumps from enemies hit by summons
|Buff tooltip||Melee speed is increased|
- Dark Harvest
Striking an enemy with Dark Harvest applies a "dark energy" aura to the target. Every time a minion attacks that enemy, the dark aura flares out and damages nearby enemies for 10 damage, ignoring 50 enemy defense and not affected by damage bonuses (similar to Cool Whip's special minion). The original target takes no additional damage.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
- Like the Firecracker and Cool Whip, the Dark Harvest forgoes summon tag damage for an on-hit special effect. This results in it being more effective as a direct weapon, but prevents it from enhancing minion damage.
- Mourning Wood and Pumpking are immune to the Dark Harvest's whip debuff.
- Dark Harvest's high attack speed grant it the third highest DPS of any of the whips behind the Morning Star and Kaleidoscope. With melee speed-boosting accessories, the Dark Harvest is capable of competing with the Morning Star and surpassing it, though this requires specialized builds.
- This is one of the best post-Plantera whips the player can obtain before killing the Empress of Light. However, the Morning Star may be better for a single target, due to its buffs to minion damage and critical strike chance.
- Dark Harvest is an excellent choice for events, as the player can focus on mini-bosses while the dark energy kills nearby, weaker enemies.
- Dark Harvest works better with rapidly-attacking minions like the Xeno Staff or Blade Staff than with slower minions.
- Due to the nature of Dark Harvest's Harvest Time buff, switching to another whip while the buff is active will increase its speed for a brief period.
- It is possible, if the player can scroll fast enough, to get the speed effects of the Snapthorn, the Durendal, and the Dark Harvest at the same time. Strike an enemy with one, then select the next, and finally select the last whip and receive its bonus. However, this strategy is very impractical, because by the time the player selects the last whip, the first speed bonus might have already run out. The strategy could be complemented by equipping Obsidian armor, or by only using two of the whips at a time.
- This item is similar to a Kusarigama, a sickle with a weighted chain attached to it.
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Range increased.
- Damage penalty for each additional target hit per swing reduced from 30% to 10%.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124.0: Introduced.