|Damage||29 / 27 (Melee)|
|Use time||22 (Fast)|
- Dark Lance
The Dark Lance is a spear that can be found in Shadow Chests in the Underworld. It can also be found in the Obsidian Lock Box found in Obsidian Crates and Hellstone Crates. It is currently the strongest pre-Hardmode spear. It can pierce through enemies, and even hit the same enemy multiple times. When used, it gives off light emitting particles that linger for a while, which is useful for fighting in the dark.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase the average damage output by the same amount.
- Just like the Gungnir has the color scheme of Excalibur, the Dark Lance seems to have the same color scheme as the Night's Edge.
- This weapon is useful for finding caves due to its long reach and light emitting particles.
- In Celebrationmk10 worlds, the Dark Lance can be found with the normally-incompatible Legendary modifier. The size boost will not take effect, though it is still the best modifier possible.
- This item can be useful against The Hungry in the Wall of Flesh fight, due to its high damage, speed and piercing capabilities.
- This item is also very useful for early Hardmode, due to its high damage, and being able to push enemies away and keep distance from the player.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Damage increased from 27 to 29.
- Knockback increased from 4 to 5.
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Sprite updated.
- Speed increased from average to fast.
- Can now spawn more than once per world.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.