|Damage||28 / 33 (Ranged)|
|Use time||22 (Fast)|
|Sell||8 / 5|
- Internal Item ID: 3007
The Dart Pistol is a Hardmode ranged weapon that consumes darts as ammunition. It has a
20*1/5 (20%) chance to be dropped by the Crimson Mimic. It is the Crimson counterpart to the Corruption's Dart Rifle.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
- It does not receive any specialized boosts from Shroomite armor helmets, though it can still receive general ranged boosts.
- This weapon can also shoot the Seeds collected by breaking plants while carrying a Blowgun or Blowpipe.
- It can be an extremely deadly mid-Hardmode weapon in the right situations when paired with the right darts: Crystal Darts for enclosed areas or crowded enemies close to each other, Cursed Darts for many grounded enemies, or Ichor Darts for bosses or enemies with high defense. Ichor Darts are also especially useful in situations where dodging is a high priority, for their unique ability to multiply after a short distance, making it easy for at least one dart to hit.
- The combination of the Crimson's Dart Pistol and the Corruption's Cursed Darts can make for a very powerful crowd control weapon, as the high fire rate of the Dart Pistol combined with the damage over time of the Cursed Darts makes it easy to inflict many enemies at once and deal high total DPS.
- Note that it is difficult to obtain both in one world due to the world only generating with one evil biome. On the Desktop version, Console version, Mobile version, and Switch version, this is slightly mitigated by the Dryad selling the opposite evil's seeds in a Hardmode Graveyard. Additionally, drunk worlds always contain both evil biomes.
- The Dart Pistol does about half the base damage of the Dart Rifle, and is about twice as fast, so although the Dart Pistol and the Dart Rifle have around the same overall DPS, the Dart Pistol may be prefered in certain situations. For example, if an enemy takes about 3 hits from the Dart Pistol to kill while about 2 hits from the Dart Rifle, the Dart Pistol would, in most situations, kill that enemy faster than the Dart Rifle. This is because 2 hits from the Dart Rifle takes about the same amount of time and has about the same amount of damage as 4 hits from the Dart Pistol, meaning that since only 3 hits are needed from the Dart Pistol, the Dart Pistol would kill the enemy faster than the Dart Rifle in that situation.
- However, due to the Dart Pistol's faster fire rate and lower base damage, its damage is affected by Defense more than the Dart Rifle's, creating a few specific scenarios where the rifle would kill faster.
- Something to take into consideration is the dart pistols higher fire rate, making it use ammo about double as fast, balancing out the tiny combat advantage it has
- The Dart Pistol could be considered the Hardmode version of The Undertaker, seeing how both are obtainable in worlds containing the Crimson and bear some visual resemblances. The only functional difference between the two is that the The Undertaker consumes bullets as ammunition, instead of darts.
- It is currently the fastest dart-shooting weapon in the game.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Damage decreased from 33 to 28.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Sprite updated.
- Damage increased from 28 to 33.
- Sell value increased from 5 to 8.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Introduced.