The Demon (and the Arch Demon on Old-gen console and ) is an enemy found in The Underworld. It attacks by summoning volleys of four spinning purple blades that accelerate towards the player, which are similar those fired by the Demon Scythe spell that it has a chance to drop. These blades have a chance to inflict Darkness and are stopped by any block, but cannot be destroyed with weapons.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Arch Demon can drop Crystal Shards even before Hardmode. However, it is impossible to craft anything with them (with the exception of the Phasesaber) before obtaining a Hardmode Anvil.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Crystal Storm is an extremely effective weapon in pre-Hardmode, and even well into Hardmode. Obtaining it early from Arch Demons may be worth the lengthy farming.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the real world, demons are supernatural beings prevalent historically in religion, occultism, literature, fiction, mythology, and folklore; as well as in media such as comics, video games, movies and television series.
- Despite inflicting the Darkness debuff, Demons do not drop the Blindfold.
- The Bestiary entry for the Demon: "Demons are the infantry of the underworld. Unlike their lesser brothers, they cast shadow magic rather than hell magic."
- This likely refers to the Fire Imp enemy.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Added new sounds.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Damage reduced from 50 to 32.
- Now repeatedly swoops at the player and flies away, rather than remaining close by, and does not fire while blocked.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1:
- Console 1.0.750.0:
- Console 1.02:
- Console-Release: Introduced with mechanics from Desktop 1.0.6 along with Arch Demon.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124:
- Removed the Arch Demon.
- Added new sounds.
- Mobile 1.1.5536: Introduced Arch Demon.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced with mechanics from Desktop 1.0.6.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced with mechanics from Desktop 126.96.36.199 along with Arch Demon.