|Mana||14 / 10|
|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Casts a demon scythe|
- Demon Scythe
The Demon Scythe is a magic weapon that fires circular projectiles that can pierce through multiple enemies and/or large enemies for multiple hits on each. Each projectile pierces four times, dissipating on the fifth. Its projectiles have little to no movement for first moments, then gradually gain speed. The Demon Scythe has a
2.86*1/35 (2.86%) chance of being dropped by Demons and Voodoo Demons in The Underworld.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
- The Demon Scythe's projectiles emit a fair amount of light, and depending on their momentum when impacting a surface, will produce illuminating sparks that continue on the same trajectory, even through thick walls.
- It does not pierce through blocks but if an enemy is directly on the other side of a block, the projectile can damage it as it hits the block.
- The projectile moves at 0.75 tiles per second for one half of a second after it was cast, then increases its velocity by 6% every tick, for 70 ticks. It reaches its maximum speed of 60 mph 1.67 seconds after it was cast.
- The Demon Scythe remains useful into Hardmode, as its damage rate rivals that of many Hardmode weapons, especially when fired up-close for continuous damage while the projectile is still picking up speed.
- It is comparatively inexpensive to reforge.
- The Demon Scythe is useful when fighting the Wall of Flesh as its attacks can pierce The Hungry and Leeches that the boss summons.
- Similarly, the piercing, persistent attacks are very useful against the Eater of Worlds, making the fight more possible even if the player otherwise is not geared up to defeat it.
- If the player is willing to fight the Demons required, the Demon Scythe can become a powerful early-game magic weapon.
- Depending on the player's skill, the Demon Scythe can technically be obtained at any point in the game, as Demons can always naturally spawn.
- The Demon Scythe projectile is called a Demon Sickle in death messages.
- The book may appear with the Demonic modifier, resulting in the name "Demonic Demon Scythe".
- Its item sprite is a recolored Water Bolt.
- The Demon Scythe appears in the video game Dungeon Defenders 2 as a weapon.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Mana usage increased from 10 to 14.
- Desktop 1.2: Mana usage reduced from 14 to 10.
- Desktop 1.1: Mana usage reduced from 18 to 14.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
- A tick is a time unit countable by the software. Most of Terraria's updating logic happens every tick. A tick has the length of 1/60th of a second, hence there are 60 ticks in a second and 3600 ticks in a minute.
- Information taken from the Desktop 18.104.22.168 source code, method
. There may be inaccuracies, as the current Desktop version is 22.214.171.124.