A fast way to find diamonds is to use the Spelunker Potion, which makes underground ores and gems shine. Another fast, yet foolish way, is to have bottles of Holy Water/Unholy Water or the Clentaminator and throw them in the area you are spelunking in. Gems will not change to Pearlstone or the other types of stone when in a biome. Although almost always seen underground, like other gems, there is a possibility that it may spawn in the overworld.
- White Torches are sometimes used as a statement of wealth. This is due to the rarity of diamonds, which are required to craft them.
- The selling price of diamonds, at 30 each, does not reflect their actual value. Selling diamonds is very unprofitable.
- Diamonds are found most in the Underground Jungle.
- The cyan color of Diamonds resembles Sapphires in the dark of caves, save for a slight lighter colored difference.
- New sprite.
- No longer required for Jungle Shirt.
- Can be found in Gemstone Caves and sticking out of rock.
- Diamonds have been given a new texture.
- New recipes have been added using diamonds, including the Diamond Gem, Diamond Staff, Diamond Hook and Diamond Robe.
- Made a bit more common.
- Can now be used to craft White Torches.
- Diamonds now sparkle when seen in the environment (as veins in stone blocks).
- Added to the game.