The Digger is a worm-type enemy that appears in the Underground and Cavern layers in Hardmode. It completely replaces the Pre-Hardmode Giant Worm. Giant Worms still spawn rarely, but share kill count and banner.
- As with all worm-type Enemies, Diggers can be easily killed with Spears, as the Spear can travel through Blocks and can hit multiple of the Digger's segments, drastically increasing damage output.
- Much like the World Feeder, if the Cursed Inferno debuff is inflicted to multiple segments, damage can quickly rack up.
- Since the Digger shares the same kill count and Banner as the Giant Worm, Worm Banners obtained Pre-Hardmode can be useful for fighting Diggers.
- The Bestiary entry for the Digger: "Exposure to the effects of ancient magicks flowing throughout the cracks of the world causes unusual rapid growths in giant worms."
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Now has a chance to drop Worm Banner.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.