|Tooltip||Will dig through blocks and lay new track if carrying minecart tracks|
Only digs when underground
|Buff tooltip||The Molecart will dig for you|
Once mounted on existing tracks, the Digging Molecart moves forward with a maximum speed of 31 mph, digging out a tunnel five tiles high and laying track as it goes. The cart will only move and place tracks horizontally, even if it is started on a diagonal slope.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Digging Molecart will only dig blocks or place tracks if the player is in the Underground layer or below.
- The Digging Molecart cannot dig falling blocks such as Sand, Silt, or Slush, unless they are in the falling state.
- Mining the blocks manually while riding will allow the Digging Molecart to get under the falling blocks. The falling blocks will inflict damage and be collected. This effect has not been fully tested yet.
- The Digging Molecart cannot dig storage items with items in them, or the two blocks directly underneath a storage item.
- It can remove storage items that have no items, but can never dig the blocks underneath them.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Digging Molecart can be very helpful when constructing underground arenas such as in the Underground Jungle. Starting a new track of rails four tiles down from the last track will clear out the old one as the Digging Molecart lays the new one.
- Because the cart keeps all of its momentum, the player can leave the game running to make a very long track automatically. This can help immensely with moving around the world.
- The Digging Molecart can be used to bypass the Creative Shock debuff.
- It does not break the placed rails, however.
- It can also break the Eternia Crystal Stand.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Fixed an issue where Digging Molecart would dig through tiles that should not be destroyed.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52.0: Introduced with changes from Desktop 184.108.40.206.