|AI Type||Fighter AI|
|Banner||Doctor Bones Banner|
- Internal NPC ID: 52
Doctor Bones is a zombie variant that rarely appears in the Jungle and Underground Jungle at night. It acts the same as normal zombies, slowly walking towards the player to deal contact damage, while attempting to navigate around obstacles and only being able to open doors during a Blood Moon. It has significantly greater health than all other zombies and deals slightly higher damage. It drops the Archaeologist's Hat when killed.
It does not have any variants, nor does it have an Armed variation in Expert Mode.
It is one of the few entities that can be detected by the Lifeform Analyzer or its upgrades.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Despite dropping the Archaeologist's Hat, the other two pieces of the Archaeologist's set are crafted using Leather.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- To increase the chance of Doctor Bones spawning, the player can place or hold a Water Candle and use a Battle Potion on the Jungle Surface during the night. It will greatly increase the chance of him spawning. For better results, the player should do this during a Blood Moon. Doctor Bones has a higher spawn rate if the world has not entered Hardmode yet. This is because the new enemies spawning in larger amounts during Hardmode will decrease Doctor Bones' spawn chance, just like any other rare creatures.
- Doctor Bones can spawn at any depth on Jungle grass blocks, only during the night.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Doctor Bones is a parody of Indiana Jones, also known as Doctor Jones, who is an archaeologist known to always retrieve his hat.
- Doctor Bones has the most health of any zombie variant, with the Hat Mushroom Zombie in second and The Groom and The Bride close behind.
- The Bestiary entry for Doctor Bones: "This particular zombie has a knack for finding historical artifacts, but has a terrible disdain towards snakes."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.0.4: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.