Dragon armor is a Hardmode melee armor set consisting of the Dragon Mask, the Dragon Breastplate and the Dragon Greaves. Each separate piece of Dragon armor has a
11.11*1/9 (11.11%) chance of being dropped by Ocram, or can otherwise be crafted.
A full set of Dragon armor provides the following benefits:
- +60 defense
- +20% melee damage
- +25% critical strike chance
- +38% melee speed
- +35% movement speed
Additionally, if the full set is visible the player will have an afterimage, similar to Necro armor.
total: 6 row(s)
- Cobalt and Mythril Ore is required to craft the set. If the player's world has Palladium/Orichalcum Ore instead of Cobalt/Mythril, they will either have to create a new world or fish for crates (creating a new world may be quicker than fishing for crates).
- Despite the stats saying the critical hit rate are 15% for the mask and 10% for the breastplate, they are in fact 10% and 5% respectively. This means a full set only provides a total of 15% increase in critical hit rate rather than the listed 25%.
- Dragon armor is one of the best melee armor sets in the game, however it can be outclassed by Beetle or Turtle armors in certain aspects, so this can be regarded as a situational set.
- Though it is a very effective melee set, the Turtle armor provides an extra 5 defense points, is easier to obtain, and has the thorns set bonus, which returns all of the damage taken by melee attacks back to the attacker.
- If the player is willing to forgo the set bonus, the Beetle Scale Mail offers 8% increased melee damage and critical strike chance, and 6% increased movement and melee speed (with a positive change in defense), though is harder to obtain.
- Dragon armor can be considered an upgrade of the Shadow armor.
- Console 1.0.750.0: Now vanity, only obtainable from the Traveling Merchant. ()
- Console 1.09: Dragon armor can now be crafted with Titanium armor pieces.
- Console 1.02:
- Titan, Spectral and Dragon armor now require fewer ingredients.
- Sprite updated. Formerly was a recolor of Jungle armor:
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11964: Dragon armor can now be crafted with Palladium, Orichalcum, or Titanium armor pieces.
- Mobile 1.2.7901: Armor defense total reduced from 77 to 60.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Sprite updated to match Console 1.02.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.