Dragon Armor or Dragon Set is a top tier Hardmode post-Ocram melee armor / vanity set. It consists of the Dragon Mask, Dragon Breastplate and Dragon Greaves. If the full set is visible, the player will have an afterimage, similar to Necro armor.
On the Old-gen console and versions, a full set grants 60 defense, 20% increased melee damage, 25% increased critical strike chance, 38% increased melee speed and 35% increased movement speed. Each separate piece of Dragon armor has an 11% chance to be dropped by Ocram, or can otherwise be crafted.
total: 6 row(s)
- Old-gen console and users will require a world with Cobalt and Mythril Ore. If the player's world has Palladium/Orichalcum Ore instead of Cobalt/Mythril, the player will either have to make a new world, or fish for Crates (creating a new world may be quicker than fishing for crates). You can also farm Ocram as he will rarely drop each armor piece.
- Despite the stats saying the critical hit rate are 15% for the mask and 10% for the breastplate, they are in fact 10% and 5% respectively. This means a full set only provides a total of 15% increase in critical hit rate rather than the listed 25%.
- On the mobile version, all existing Dragon armor pieces were replaced by Chlorophyte armor pieces after the update to version 1.3.
- Dragon armor is one of the best melee armor sets in the game, however it can be outclassed by Beetle or Turtle armors in certain aspects, so this can be regarded as a situational set.
- Though it is a very effective melee set, the Turtle armor provides an extra 5 defense points, is easier to obtain, and has the Thorns set bonus, which returns all of the damage taken by melee attacks back to the attacker.
- If you are willing to forgo the set bonus, the Beetle Scale Mail offers 8% increased melee damage and critical strike chance, and 6% increased movement and melee speed (with a positive change in defense), though is harder to obtain.
- Dragon Armor can be considered an upgrade of the Shadow armor.
- On the version, the Dragon armor is a recolor of Jungle armor, although it is a melee-oriented armor, not magic like the Jungle armor.
- Console 1.0.750.0: Now vanity, only obtainable from the Traveling Merchant. ()
- Console 1.09: Dragon armor can now be crafted with Titanium armor pieces.
- Console 1.02:
- Titan, Spectral and Dragon armor now require fewer ingredients.
- Sprite updated. Formerly was a recolor of Jungle armor:
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11964: Dragon armor can now be crafted with Palladium, Orichalcum, or Titanium armor pieces.
- Mobile 1.2.7901: Armor defense total reduced from 77 to 60.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Sprite updated to match Console 1.02.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.