- Internal NPC ID: 595–601
Dragonflies are small, rare critters that can be found near large bodies of water which have sufficient amounts of cattails on the surface of the water during the day when it is not raining and there is low wind speed. When approached, they will fly a short distance up and away from the player. They can be caught with any Bug Net and carried in the inventory. Dragonflies also serve as bait, with a Bait Power of 20%. They can be used to craft Dragonfly Jars.
Unlike many critters, dragonflies are capable of spawning on screen. Dragonflies spawn in air within a small radius of cattails. If looking to farm dragonflies, it is advised to make space for more cattails to grow, since the critter appears to spawn directly from the cattail itself rather than by normal mob spawning. If there is air space underneath a submerged cattail, it is possible for the dragonfly to spawn in said air space. The type of dragonfly spawned is determined by the type of cattail. Oasis cattails spawn the Black, Orange and Yellow variants, whereas Forest cattails spawn the Blue, Green and Red variants.
Types[edit | edit source]
Internal Item ID: 4340
|10||50%||601||1/150 chance to replace another dragonfly.|
Internal Item ID: 4334
|10||20%||595||Only spawns in Oasis.|
Internal Item ID: 4335
|10||20%||596||Only spawns in Forest.|
Internal Item ID: 4336
|10||20%||597||Only spawns in Forest.|
Internal Item ID: 4337
|10||20%||598||Only spawns in Oasis.|
Internal Item ID: 4338
|10||20%||599||Only spawns in Forest.|
Internal Item ID: 4339
|10||20%||600||Only spawns in Oasis.|
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Dragonflies can build up their speed over time and easily outstrip players, even those with Hermes Boots or its various tinkers. The player should leave themselves some space to accelerate before attempting to catch a dragonfly.
- The speed they can build up is immense, up to 83 miles per hour.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Bestiary entry for the dragonflies: "A swift-flying insect which hunts mosquitoes. Comes in a variety of colors. Fish are somewhat attracted to these."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced
- Mobile 22.214.171.124.0: Introduced.