It should be noted however, that this is a "mining-only" mount. Meaning that, despite having infinite flying time (other than Cute Fishron and UFO have), it can't be used for battle, including the use of potions. However, this doesn't prevent minions from fighting for you so it's crucial to summon a strong minion (such as Stardust Dragon Staff) before using the mount.
- The Drill Containment Unit is the most expensive item in the game to make, when accounting the cost of its materials, although the item itself only sells for 5 .
- Because Spectre Bars and Shroomite Bars require Chrolophyte Bars to make, farming Chrolophyte once it becomes available can be beneficial. (120 required)
- The hit-box for the drill is 2 tiles horizontally by 4 tiles vertically, despite being a sphere. The lasers fire out of a magnet shaped object that faces the area the blocks are being destroyed.
- It can destroy Demon/Crimson Altars, and Shadow Orbs/Pulsating Hearts. However, if the altars are hit in a pre-hard mode world, the player will be damaged instead.
- It makes rough edges angled, as if hit with a hammer.
- Added to the game.