The Drum Set is a novelty furniture item used in conjunction with the Drumstick to produce drum sounds. The Drum Set and Drumstick can be purchased from the Merchant after one of the following bosses is defeated: Eater of Worlds, Brain of Cthulhu, Skeletron, or Wall of Flesh.
To play drum sounds, a player holding a Drumstick must be standing directly over the Drum Set and press ⚒ Use / Attack.
The particular drum sound played is determined by the distance from the character to the cursor.
From closest to farthest, by distance from the player (approximate percentage of the screen away from the character):
- 0-2.5%: Kick Drum
- 2.5-5%: Low Tom
- 5-7.5%: Mid Tom
- 7.5-11%: Hi Tom
- 11-13.3%: Snare Drum
- 13.3-16.6%: Floor Tom
- 16.6-19%: Hi-Hat (closed)
- 19-22.5%: Hi-Hat (open)
- 22.5-25%: Cymbal 1
- 25%+: Cymbal 2
- Although the Drumstick is an auto-use item and its animation repeats when the ⚒ Use / Attack button is held, it does not play drum sounds repeatedly when the button is held. It will only produce a drum sound when clicking manually.
- The tooltip for the Drumstick is a reference to rock drummer Dave Grohl of Nirvana and Foo Fighters fame, and his infamous coffee addiction, which got so bad that it once led to an emergency room visit.
- The tooltip for the Drum Set is onomatopoeia for a Sting, a specific rhythm played on a Drum Set, particularly when someone makes a pun or a bad joke.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11.0: Introduced.