|AI Type||Passive AI|
|Damage||0 (see description) |
|Buff tooltip||The power of nature protects you|
The Dryad is an NPC vendor that will spawn once the following criteria have been met:
- There is an empty house.
- The Eye of Cthulhu, Eater of Worlds, Brain of Cthulhu, Skeletron or Lepus has been defeated.
On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, when enemies are nearby, the Dryad will periodically grant the Dryad's Blessing buff to players and other town NPCs in the vicinity and displays a leaf barrier effect. The buff grants +8 defense to players and +6 / +10 / +14 defense to town NPCs, increased health regeneration, and gives the player (and town NPCs) a Thorns effect. Enemies within the leaf barrier and with clear sight to the Dryad will be inflicted with the Dryad's Bane debuff, which will deal 4+ damage per second (plus various progression-based damage boosts, and all multiplied by 1× / 1.5× / 1.75×); the minimum damage dealt by the Dryad's Bane debuff is 4 / 6 / 7 per second.
The Dryad's reports on Corruption/Crimson/Hallow coverage are accompanied by a status message. She sees Hallow as "good", and Corruption or Crimson as "bad". The Dryad makes the distinction between Corruption and Crimson if they are present in the same world, and will list their percentages separately, though they both contribute to the overall "bad" total in her final report.
|"[Name of World] is completely pure. You have done an amazing job!"||The world has no Corruption, Crimson, or Hallow.|
|"The world is in balance."||Corruption/Crimson and Hallow percentages are similar (|
|"We are living in a fairy tale."||Corruption/Crimson and Hallow percentages are not similar, and the world has more Hallow than Corruption/Crimson.|
|"Things are grim indeed..."||Corruption/Crimson and Hallow percentages are not similar, and the world has far more Corruption/Crimson than Hallow (|
|"You are so close!"||Corruption/Crimson and Hallow percentages are not similar, and the world has more Corruption/Crimson than Hallow, and there is very little Corruption/Crimson in the world (|
|"You have a lot of work to do."||Corruption/Crimson and Hallow percentages are not similar, and the world has more Corruption/Crimson than Hallow, and there is more Corruption/Crimson in the world (|
Living preferences 
For more information, see NPC happiness.
- Dryads Blessing circle begins roughly 20 blocks from the Dryad, expands to a roughly 40 block radius, and briefly expanding to a 60 block radius before ending.
- For players creating housing for the Truffle, it would be beneficial to temporarily house the Dryad in or near a Glowing Mushroom biome where she will sell Mushroom Seeds.
- Players can obtain items from both evils without using a different world by buying Corrupt or Crimson Seeds (Available while in the Graveyard minibiome) and making an artificial biome.
The Dryad may have any of the following names:
After defeating Old One's Army:
When Merchant is present:
When Arms Dealer is present:
When Truffle is present:
Before Skeletron is defeated:
In a Corrupt world:
In a Crimson world:
Only during a Blood Moon:
When asking for the status:
Once the world is completely pure:
During a party:
During a Windy Day:
During a Thunderstorm:
When in a Graveyard:
Happiness quotes 
When far from home:
When in a sparse area:
When in the Jungle:
When in the Desert:
When near the Princess:
When near the Witch Doctor:
When near the Truffle:
When near the Angler:
When near the Golfer:
- A Dryad is a nature spirit from Greek mythology, generally depicted as a beautiful young woman. Fittingly, many of the Dryad's possible names take inspiration from either classical literature (e.g. Caelia, Elysia, Fae, Titania) or female celebrities.
- This might be the reason that the Arms Dealer appears to flirt with her as shown in one of his quotes, but she states in one of her quotes that she wishes the Arms Dealer would stop pestering her. In the same quote she reveals that she is 500 years old.
- The Dryad is depicted in a Painting called Dryadisque, which itself is a parody of the real-world oil painting Grande Odalisque.
- Her quote calling the Truffle a "fun guy" plays on the homophone "Fungi".
- The quote "What's this about me having more 'bark' than bite?" is a possible joke about the fact that the Dryad is/was a tree.
- This could also be a reference to her not cleansing the world evil herself despite claiming that she fought the Old One's Army.
- One of the Dryad's quotes about the player's safety says "Terraria needs you", instead of "<world name> needs you". This is an oddity among the other quotes.
- Her quote "I kissed a tree in the Jungle and I liked it." is a reference to the Katy Perry song "I Kissed a Girl".
- Calista the Dryad is featured in the Terraria Comic Book from DC Comics.
- The Dryad appears in Dungeon Defenders II. Her defenses include summoning Moss Hornets, Harpies, slimes and Angry Nimbuses.
- The Dryad's quote referencing her time in Etheria and her use of the corruption against the Old One's Army is a reference to her ability in Dungeon Defenders 2 where she can become a corrupted version of herself to do extra damage.
- – According to the official game lore, an ancient race of Dryads once waged a large war with Cthulhu. Unable to defeat the beast, they crippled it by ripping out vital chunks of its body. However, only one Dryad remains, this being the NPC encountered in-game.
- Despite this, if the Dryad is killed another Dryad will still arrive, most likely with a different name. Re-Logic artist Jimmarn has speculated that she might be reincarnated. The phrasing of the Guide's tip "You should prove yourself by defeating a strong monster. That will get the attention of a dryad." implies there are more than one.
- The "vital chunks" are likely the two pre-Hardmode bosses who are body parts, which are the Eye and Brain of Cthulhu. (Skeletron might also be part due to Skeletron Prime being a "mechanical reconstruction" of Cthulhu.)
- The name Celestia is a reference to the television series My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, which features a princess of the same name.
- The name Nissa comes from the planeswalker Nissa Revane from the collectible card game Magic: The Gathering.
- According to Redigit, the Dryad "isn't actually wearing anything" and "the vines are a part of her body".
- The Bestiary entry for the Dryad: "The Dryad is the last of her kind. She is connected with nature and can analyze its purity worldwide. She sells seeds, too!"
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Now sells Corrupt and Crimson Grass Walls, Flower Seeds, and Potted Trees. Also sells Crimson Seeds in Corruption worlds as well as Corrupt Seeds in Crimson worlds while in a Graveyard biome.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Now sells Vicious Powder during a Blood Moon on Crimson worlds.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Now sells Crimson Seeds during Blood Moon if in a Crimson world.
- Now has Crimson specific dialogue for worlds with Crimson in them.
- Can now arrive following the defeat of the Brain of Cthulhu.
- Improved Dryad's world status dialog.
- Fixed bug where Brain of Cthulhu wouldn't make dryad spawn or stop talking about the chasms.
- Fixed bug where Dryad would mention the Corruption in Purification Powder suggestion while in Crimson world.
- Desktop 1.2: Now sells Grass Walls and Flower Walls. Also sells Mushroom Grass Seeds when in a Glowing Mushroom biome.
- Desktop 1.1:
- Now has random name given to her on spawn. Her deaths will be reported with this name. Also other NPCs will use it in their quotes.
- The Dryad will now tell you the percentage of Corruption vs. Hallow in the game world.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Vile Powder and Corrupt Seeds were added to inventory. Choice of goods became time of the day and event dependent.
- Desktop 1.0.3: Like all other NPCs, can now die from enemies.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
- Information taken from the Desktop 126.96.36.199 source code, function
There may be inaccuracies, as the current Desktop version is 188.8.131.52.
- Terraria's 10th Anniversary: We are Re-Logic, Ask Us Anything! May 17, 2021
- Redigit's message in #journeys-end-chat on the official Terraria Discord server (link to message)