- See also: Dyes
The Dye Trader is one of the eight NPCs introduced in the 1.2 version. The Dye Trader will spawn when there is a home available and the player has a Strange Plant in their inventory. It is not possible anymore to get the Dye Trader with the Yellow Marigold in a player's inventory, as this was only a feature in 1.2.
Uses an Exotic Scimitar against nearby enemies.
|Team Dye||1||On a Multiplayer server.|
|Dye Trader Robe||3||During Halloween|
|Dye Trader's Turban||3||During Halloween|
|Shadow Dye||3 75||During a Full Moon.|
|Negative Dye||3 75||During a Full Moon.|
|Dye Trader's Names|
|Dye Trader's Quotes|
Strange Plant Quest
Speaking to the dye trader will show a "strange plant" quest. If the player chooses this option without having a strange plant, nothing will happen. However, if the player chooses it with a strange plant, they will have a random and rare dye.
- "Strange Plants" option and quests added.
- Now defends himself with the Exotic Scimitar.
- Now sells Dye Trader's Turban, Shadow Dye, Negative Dye, and Brown Dye.
- Now will only move in after any Pre-Hardmode boss has been defeated.
- Updated sprite.
- Now sells Team Dye on multiplayer servers.
- Now sells Dye Trader Robe during Halloween.
- Added to the game.