Ebonwood is The Corruption replacement for normal wood. Its properties are generally the same as that of normal wood, but it has the characteristic dark purple tint of the Corruption. It is obtained by cutting down trees within the Corruption. Ebonwood has better attributes than if you crafted something from normal wood (example: normal wood sword does 7 damage while a Ebonwood sword does 10 damage). Ebonwood is the second best wood for crafting equipment (tools and weapons), but is the third best for the variants of wood armors, only being beaten by Pearlwood and Spooky Wood; as it has higher damage, defense and tool power than most other woods.
Trees that have grown in The Corruption will give Ebonwood instead of normal wood. Palm trees that have grown on Ebonsand will give this wood instead of Palm Wood, as there is no Corruption variant of Palm Wood.
Ebonwood cannot spread the Corruption.
Ebonwood (except for texture) is the exact same as Shadewood.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
|Ebonwood Platform (2)||By Hand|
|Ebonwood Work Bench|
|Ebonwood Bathtub ( )||Iron Anvil|
|Ebonwood Bathtub ( )||Sawmill|
|Ebonwood Bow||Work Bench|
|Ebonwood Fence (4)|
|Ebonwood Wall (4)|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Placed Ebonwood resembles the placed wood texture, rotated 90 degrees and tinted purple.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Now used to craft the Ebonwood Toilet.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Now used to craft Ebonwood Clock and Ebonwood Sofa.
- Desktop 1.2.3: More ebonwood furniture and lighting introduced.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.