|Use time||21 (Fast)|
- Internal Item ID: 653
The Ebonwood Sword is an alternate version of the Wooden Sword made using Ebonwood from the Corruption Biome. It is functionally identical to its Crimson equivalent, the Shadewood Sword, with both dealing more damage and having slightly increased speed than the Wooden Sword and its variants (aside from the hardmode Pearlwood Sword). With it being stronger than the other wooden swords, it can be useful early on, though one should proceed with caution, as the Corruption is a very dangerous place for new players.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
- The Ebonwood Sword can only be obtained in worlds that generated with the Corruption. If one has a Crimson world, they can either create an artificial Corruption to obtain the sword, or just simply bring one in from a Corruption World.
- The Ebonwood Sword's sprite is very similar to that of the Wooden Sword, however, there are some notable changes. The color of the sword is darker than the normal Wooden Sword. The blade also appears to have two pointy protrusions on either side. The handle of the sword also appears to be jagged.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.