Ebonwood armor is an armor set consisting of a Ebonwood Helmet, Ebonwood Breastplate, and Ebonwood Greaves.
It is crafted solely from Ebonwood harvested from Corrupt Trees. It acts as the Corruption counterpart to the Crimson's Shadewood armor, which shares same stats. Along with its counterpart, it is the most powerful Pre-Hardmode wooden set, though it still pales in comparison to most other armor sets.
Wearing a full set grants a set bonus of 1 additional defense, providing a total of 5 defense.
- It may be a good idea to craft the Cactus armor instead, since it has the same stats and only requires entering the Desert; characters that could make use of Ebonwood armor are likely not ready to enter the Corruption.
- While Ebonwood is initially obtainable in Corruption worlds only, one can transfer an artificial Corruption biome or the armor itself into Crimson worlds. It is to be noted, however, that this strategy is impractical and inefficient, and it is easier to simply use Cactus armor.
- The helmet appears to have spikes, which might be a reference to the Eater of Worlds' spikes, or devil horns.
- Desktop 1.3.2: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Female sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.