Ectoplasm is a Hardmode post-Plantera crafting material dropped from Dungeon Spirits in the Dungeon. Dungeon Spirits drop 1–2 Ectoplasm upon death. It is used by Old-gen console and players to directly craft the Spectre armor and tools. On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, players use Ectoplasm to craft Spectre Bars, which in turn are used to craft Spectre armor and tools.
On the Old-gen console version and version, the player needs to acquire 136 Ectoplasm and 126 Chlorophyte Bars to craft all Spectre equipment including the tools, wings, armor and both forms of headgear. For just all the components of the Spectre armor set (including both forms of headgear), the player will need 66 Ectoplasm.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
|Spectre Bar (2)||Adamantite Forge|
|Ghost Wings ( )||Mythril Anvil|
|Pumpkin Moon Medallion|
|Spectre Hamaxe ( )|
|Spectre Hood ( )|
|Spectre Mask ()|
|Spectre Paint Roller ()|
|Spectre Paint Scraper ()|
|Spectre Paintbrush ()|
|Spectre Pants ( )|
|Spectre Pickaxe ( )|
|Spectre Robe ( )|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to the difficulty of the Dungeon in Hardmode, Hallowed armor or higher is recommended when farming Ectoplasm. It may take multiple trips to acquire enough for all items.
- Ectoplasm is a very good source of coins, as each piece of ectoplasm is worth 50.
- If the player has enough spare Souls of Flight, it may be desirable to craft Ghost Wings instead of simply selling the Ectoplasm, as each set of wings is worth 8, while the components are worth less. With a beneficial modifier, the wings might even sell for more. On the Desktop version and Mobile version selling the ingredients instead will yield 1040.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ectoplasm is a fictitious ethereal substance appearing in fictional works that ghosts and other entities leave in the mortal realm, usually when destroyed.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Now a crafting material for Spectre Bars. Most items previously crafted with Chlorophyte Bars and Ectoplasm now require Spectre Bars. Ghost Wings renamed to Spectre Wings, and made with Spectre Bars.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.