|Damage||60 / 40 (Ranged)|
|Knockback||0.425 (Extremely weak)|
|Use time||30 (Average)|
|Velocity||25.5 (not affected by ammo)|
|Tooltip||Uses gel for ammo|
The Elf Melter is a Hardmode ranged weapon dropped by Santa-NK1 during the Frost Moon. It is an indirect post-Plantera upgrade to the Flamethrower. Similar to its predecessor, one press of the ⚒ Use / Attack button fires several successive streams of flame, each of which inflicts the On Fire! debuff. The Elf Melter consumes two Gel per use.
When an enemy is pierced by the projectile, a 15% damage penalty is applied to the next enemy hit by the projectile.
Its best modifier is Unreal. A modifier granting +10% speed will increase the number of flame streams per click from six to seven while still consuming 2 Gel. A modifier with added velocity will increase the range of each stream, i.e. by about 5 blocks for +15% and about 3 blocks for +10%.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When the Elf Melter is held by the player, a reddish colored fuel tank appears on the player's back. This can interfere with the appearance of several accessories, such as wings. The Heat Ray and Clentaminator also have this feature.
- The Elf Melter will fire into lava (when the player is not submerged), though it will be slowed by about half. Water and honey stop it completely. If the character is immersed in the lava, the Elf Melter will not fire at all.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Elf Melter bears a strong resemblance to the M2 flamethrower, an iconic weapon from World War II.
- The Elf Melter is misspelled in the internal game code as "EldMelter".
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Damage increased from 40 to 60.
- Applies a 15% damage penalty to the next hit for each enemy a projectile pierces.
- Desktop 1.2.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.05: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.
- 3DS 1.03: Introduced.