|Placeable||✔️ (2 wide × 3 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Allows time to fast forward one day per week|
The Enchanted Sundial is a Hardmode furniture item that can be placed. Pressing the ⚷ Open / Activate button on it will advance time to sunrise (4:30 AM) the following day. It has a 7-day cooldown period, so once used, it will not be usable again until 7 in-game days (2 hours and 48 minutes in real time) have passed normally. On the PC version, Console version, Mobile version, and tModLoader version, the Enchanted Sundial is obtained from fished Pearlwood (
0.5*1/200 (0.5%) chance), Mythril, ( 1.67*1/60 (1.67%) chance), and Titanium Crates ( 5*1/20 (5%) chance), while on the Old-gen console version, Old Chinese version, and tModLoader 1.3-Legacy version, it is obtained from Wooden ( 0.5*1/200 (0.5%) chance), Iron ( 1.67*1/60 (1.67%) chance), and Golden Crates ( 5*1/20 (5%) chance) during Hardmode.
The Enchanted Sundial does not turn the time to the next day immediately. It instead "fast-forwards" time, causing it to pass 60 times faster than usual (1 hour of in-game time, which would usually take 1 minute of real-life time, takes only 1 second while while the Enchanted Sundial is active). Sleeping in a Bed won't make time pass faster while the Enchanted Sundial is active.
- Its 7-day cooldown is shared between all Enchanted Sundials in the current world, so a second Sundial cannot be used to circumvent it.
- The chances of invasions and other events are calculated as if the time actually passed.
- In multiplayer, the Sundial will only count a cooldown day passing if there are players online when the in-game day changes.
- The Enchanted Sundial has a few noteworthy uses:
- On the PC version, Console version, Mobile version, and tModLoader version, it is also possible to speed up time by sleeping in a Bed and in Journey mode there is an option to speed up time as well.
- The Enchanted Sundial shares its color palette and architectural theme with much of the Skyware furniture set, though there is no direct correlation between the two.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Fixed an issue where Enchanted Sundial would cause heavy FPS drops.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Fixed a bug where speeding time up with an Enchanted Sundial would make some unusual visual effects.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced with sprite from Desktop 1.3.1. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced with sprite from Desktop 1.3.1. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Introduced.