|Damage||23 / 24 (Melee)|
|Knockback||4.25 (Average) |
|Use time||21 (Fast) |
18 (Very fast)
|Tooltip||Shoots an enchanted sword beam|
- Enchanted Beam
|End of projectile|
Sword in Stone
|A junk (left) and enchanted (right) sword in stone. Only the right one has a chance to drop the Enchanted Sword.|
The Enchanted Sword is a pre-Hardmode, autoswinging projectile sword. When swung, it fires a sword-shaped projectile that costs no ammunition or mana. Both the sword and its projectiles produce lingering sparks that emit large amounts of light. The projectile can be fired once every second, and dissipates upon hitting an enemy or solid block.
The Enchanted Sword can be obtained by destroying an "enchanted sword in stone" background object, which can be found in random locations underground and in Enchanted Sword Shrines. Destroying this background object has a
98*49/50 (98%) / 90*9/10 (90%) / 100% chance to drop an Enchanted Sword. On the Desktop version, Console version, Mobile version, and Nintendo Switch version, the Enchanted Sword also has a 2*1/50 (2%) chance to be found in Golden and Titanium Crates.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
total: 0 row(s)
- As with all projectile swords, a small particle effect and the sound for restoring mana will notify the player when the sword beam's cooldown is over and it is ready to fire again.
- There is a small possibility that a world does not contain any Enchanted Sword Shrines. In this case, the player has to fish for Golden or Titanium Crates to obtain an Enchanted Sword.
- The "fake" or "junk" background object will never be found in Enchanted Sword Shrines (only the real enchanted sword in stone background object which drops an Enchanted Sword or Terragrim), although it can still be generated in other random locations underground.
- If found early on, the Enchanted Sword can be a powerful early-game weapon, outclassing many pre-Hardmode melee weapons due to its decent damage and projectile.
- When attempting to acquire an Enchanted Sword for the Zenith, it is more efficient to create a new world and loot its Enchanted Sword Shrines than fish for crates.
- One can also use World Seeds to guarantee finding an Enchanted Sword Shrine, just make sure their game version is the same as the version the seed was created in.
- The concept of a sword being stuck in stone originates from the 12th- or 13th-century poem Merlin by Robert de Boron, in which King Arthur was the only person able to pull a sword from its resting place in a stone. Similar themes have since appeared in other media. The action-adventure video game franchise The Legend of Zelda features the Master Sword, which lies amongst several fakes and must be pulled from a pedestal. Many games in the Zelda series also gave the hero Link the ability to fire an energy attack from his sword(usually when his health was full).
- It can be considered a counterpart to the Enchanted Boomerang.
- There is an extra space at the end of the word sword in the inventory name.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Sprite updated.
- Now used to craft the Zenith.
- Damage decreased from 24 to 23.
- Use Time increased from 18 to 21.
- Knockback decreased from 5.25 to 4.25.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Added auto-swing.
- Damage increased from 18 to 24.
- Projectile Speed increased from 9 to 9.5.
- Now can be found within its own unique mini-biome (previously only found in random nondescript locations).
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206.0: Added changes from Desktop 220.127.116.11.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Added changes from Desktop 22.214.171.124.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.