|Use time||21 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Shoots an enchanted sword beam|
- Enchanted Beam
|End of projectile|
Sword in Stone
|A junk (left) and enchanted (right) sword in stone, which has a chance to drop the Enchanted Sword.|
The Enchanted Sword is a pre-Hardmode, autoswinging projectile sword. When swung, it fires a sword-shaped projectile that costs no ammunition or mana. Both the sword and its projectiles produce lingering sparks that emit large amounts of light. The projectiles can be fired roughly every 1-2 seconds, and dissipates upon hitting an enemy or solid block.
The Enchanted Sword can be obtained by destroying the background object of an enchanted sword in stone, with a 2% chance of dropping a Terragrim / Arkhalis . An Enchanted Sword Shrine will always include one, and more can be found placed in random locations underground. On the Desktop version and Mobile version, they also have a 2% chance to be found in Golden Crates and Titanium Crates.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
total: 1 row(s)
- A small particle effect and the mana recharge "blip" will notify the player when the sword beam's cooldown is over and it is ready to fire again.
- There is a small possibility that all of the shrines in the world contain fake swords which would force the player to fish for Golden or Titanium Crates to obtain one.
- On the Desktop version and Mobile version, Enchanted Sword Shrines will no longer have a "fake" background tile, and will always drop either an Enchanted Sword or a Terragrim. This does not go with tiles spawned in other places.
- If found early on, the Enchanted Sword can be a powerful early-game weapon, outclassing many pre-Hardmode melee weapons due to its decent damage and projectile.
- Many players only search for the Enchanted Sword far into Hardmode, for the sole purpose of obtaining the Zenith. As it can be quite irksome to obtain naturally (as there is a chance that an Enchanted Sword Shrine containing a True sword, and that even a true sword has only a 98% chance of yielding the Enchanted Sword) it is suggested to grind for it from Gold crates before taking on the Wall of Flesh if one intends to eventually craft the Zenith.
- The concept of a sword being stuck in stone originates from the 13th-century poem Merlin by Robert de Boron, in which King Arthur was the only person able to pull a sword from its resting place in a stone. Similar themes have since appeared in other media. The action-adventure video game franchise The Legend of Zelda features a sword that must be pulled from a pedestal, and one real sword to find amongst fakes.
- It can be considered a counterpart to the Enchanted Boomerang.
- Enchanted Sword Shrine, the place where most Enchanted Swords are obtained from.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Sprite updated.
- Now used to craft the Zenith.
- Damage decreased from 24 to 23.
- Use Time increased from 18 to 21.
- Knockback decreased from 5.25 to 4.25.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Added auto-swing, buffed stats.
- Now can be found within its own unique mini-biome (previously only found in random nondescript locations).
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199.0: Added changes from Desktop 188.8.131.52.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Added changes from Desktop 220.127.116.11.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.