The Etherian Wyvern is a flying enemy from The Old One's Army event that travels through blocks. It flies toward a point overhead and then dives at the Eternia Crystal (NPC), dropping below the block surface, which periodically makes it difficult to hit without weapons that attack through blocks.
Like many other enemies from the event, its appearance and stats change, depending on which tier of the event is active (see Old One's Army for tier details).
It requires 200 kills in order to obtain its corresponding enemy banner, as opposed to the usual 50. Like all Old One's Army banners, this banner is only decorative, and does not grant buffs.
- Unlike the Wyvern and its varieties, the Etherian Wyvern is not segmented, and does not use the Worm AI.
- Because it can fly, it will dodge many shots from the Ballista sentry summons, posing a threat to the crystal if there are not any other summons or if the player does not have any Ranged weapons. This makes the Etherian Wyvern a serious threat to melee players early in Tier 1 as there are few melee weapons pre-hardmode that have a ranged attack. However the Ice Blade, Yoyos, and Boomerangs can be used as effective melee weapons to defeat this enemy.
- The Bestiary entry for the Etherian Wyvern: "Etherian Wyverns come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and behave more like bats than the majestic Wyverns of this world."
- Wyverns at the Dungeon Defenders 2 Wiki
- Desktop 1.3.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.17: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.1096.2: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124.0: Introduced.