|Damage||66 / 47 (Melee)|
|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
- Internal Item ID: 368
The Excalibur is a Hardmode sword which is capable of autoswing and can be crafted with Hallowed Bars. When swung, it emits the light particles typical of the Hallowed theme. It can also be upgraded into the True Excalibur, a powerful Hardmode sword, which in turn can be further upgraded into the Terra Blade, which can additionally be upgraded to the post-Moon Lord sword, the Zenith.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
- The player is unable to turn while swinging Excalibur, similar to the War Axe of the Night and The Breaker.
- The Excalibur can be swung while walking backwards, which is useful for knocking back enemies during retreat.
- Unmodified Excalibur sells for slightly less than the Hallowed Bars required to make it (460 vs. 480), but since the random modifiers increase a melee weapon price by 11.2% on average, crafting and selling Excaliburs in bulk is still about 6.6% more profitable.
- Prior to patch 1.2, the Excalibur was the strongest sword in the game.
- Excalibur is the mythical sword of King Arthur from Arthurian legends. While some sources conflate Excalibur with the "Sword In The Stone" by which Arthur proved his kingship, more reliable sources have them as two separate swords. (Excalibur is later given to Arthur by the Lady In The Lake.) In Terraria, the Sword In The Stone is separately represented by the Enchanted Sword item.
- The Enchanted Sword enemy shares the Excalibur's sprite design.
- The Excalibur on the Desktop version and Mobile version has better stats than the Tizona, a sword crafted from the Excalibur on the Old-gen console and releases (where the Excalibur itself is considerably weaker).
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Damage increased from 57 to 66.
- Use Time decreased from 25 to 20.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Damage increased from 47 to 57.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.