|Tooltip||Explodes on impact|
- Explosive Bullet
Exploding Bullets are one of six types of craftable bullets made from Empty Bullets, which are sold by the Arms Dealer in Hardmode. These bullets detonate upon contact with an enemy or terrain, causing small splash damage and knockback to all enemies caught within the blast radius, even through walls.
The cost of a stack of 50 Exploding Bullets is 1450, which is 29 per bullet. The cost of crafting 1000 Exploding Bullets (20 stacks of 50) is 290.
total: 1 row(s)
- Care must be taken when fighting in close quarters as they will harm the player if too close. This is hazardous when using a strong enough weapon such as the Sniper Rifle as damage could reach over 500 hitpoints, killing the player instantly.
- Exploding Bullets do not harm or knock back the user on the Nintendo version.
- When fired rapidly from certain guns, like the Clockwork Assault Rifle, Exploding Bullets may sometimes pass through enemies unharmed. This also occurs with Hellfire Arrows probably due to the nature of explosive and piercing projectiles.
- Exploding Bullets are reasonably powerful bullets with a small area of effect and strong knockback, making them good for engaging large groups of enemies.
- Due to the area-of-effect of Exploding Bullets, they are especially effective against segmented enemies such as worms.
- Like most explosives, when the bullet explodes on a surface, particles will fall, lighting up the ground beneath it. This can be useful for locating ores and caves.
- Exploding Bullets can be extremely useful in early Hardmode as they are easy to obtain and possess exceptional knockback.
- The Tactical Shotgun works incredibly well with these, effectively clearing out large compact groups very quickly.
- Because Exploding Bullets inflict PvP deaths, players can use the splash damage to intentionally kill themselves and respawn at full HP. This also prevents coins from being dropped.
- Exploding Bullets only trigger 8 immunity frames when they damage the player, allowing them to inflict rapid self-damage when used with a weapon with 8 use time such as an unmodified Minishark. This can be exploited to create a highly damaging rain of stars with a Star Cloak, or to trigger long periods of invincibility with a Black Belt and Cross Necklace.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.