The Familiar set is a set of vanity items that displays the player's default clothes. It consists of the Familiar Wig, the Familiar Shirt, and the Familiar Pants, and can be purchased from the Clothier for 3 (set).
When a piece of the Familiar set is equipped in the vanity armor slot, it will disable the graphics of any item worn in the corresponding armor slot. As such, the Familiar Wig will show the character's hairstyle whereas the Familiar Shirt and Familiar Pants will show the character's default shirt and pants, respectively.
Like all vanity items, the Familiar set does not provide anything but a change in appearance.
- Dressers can be used to change the character's default clothing colors, and thereby change the appearance of the Familiar set.
- While the Invisibility Potion normally leaves armor visible, wearing the Familiar set completely conceals the player's armor. However, enemies' behavior is unaffected by this and they will still attack the player.
- The Familiar set cannot be placed on Mannequins, Womannequins, or Hat Racks, most likely because character appearances would conflict in multiplayer.
- The Familiar Shirt and Pants are not affected by dyes, including Strange Plant quest reward dyes.
- The Familiar set will not preserve the gender or character style it was bought as; a Familiar Shirt bought by a female character with style 2 will not appear as a style 2 Familiar Shirt if equipped on a female character with style 1, nor will Familiar Pants bought by a female character with style 1 appear as female Familiar Pants if equipped on a male character.
- The inventory sprites of the Familiar set items represent the character's default clothes.
- Wearing the Familiar Wig will allow the player to keep the hairstyle and Hair Dye they have bought from the Stylist visible.
- The Familiar Wig can be used to wear certain accessories as the primary headgear item. For instance, the Obsidian Skull will usually be overridden by any other headgear, but the Familiar Wig will render it visible.
- The Familiar set could be used in multiplayer to disguise oneself as an unequipped beginner.
- This could prove useful for ambushing another team.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Fixed Familiar Wig requiring a hair dye in order to apply normal dyes to itself.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Fixed the problem with the Familiar Wig and missing hair.
- Desktop 1.2: Female Familiar Shirt slightly changed.
- Desktop 1.1: Added female Familiar Shirt.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.