|Use time||8 (Insanely fast)|
- Internal Item ID: 3013
Their best modifier is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This weapon only receives 25% of any melee speed bonus.
- This means that it takes significant investment for the Fetid Baghnakhs to actually increase in attack speed. Smaller melee speed bonuses will have no effect due to rounding.
- The Fetid Baghnakhs are tied with the Psycho Knife for fastest melee weapon in the game. However, given the Baghnakhs' 75% melee speed bonus reduction compared to the Psycho Knife's 66% speed reduction, the Psycho Knife is capable of reaching higher speeds.
- The Fetid Baghnakhs are the fastest melee weapon in the game.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Fetid Baghnakhs can be considered an upgrade to the pre-Hardmode Bladed Gloves or Falcon Blade considering the similar exceptional speed and short range.
- With melee damage-increasing accessories and armor, this item can reach 3000+ DPS. When attacking enemies with multiple segments, such as worms, even 6000+ DPS is possible.
- Various speed modifiers can reach 30 swings per second (3000–4000 DPS) with 51% attack speed, or 60 attacks per second (7000–10000 DPS) at 101% attack speed. Stacked accessories with the Violent modifier can push its swing animation down to a single frame.
- The Light modifier will increase speed by another 19%. The -14% knockback will not matter somewhat because of the short range.
- The Baghnakhs' lack of range generally means risking high damage, especially against more resilient enemies. Therefore, it is recommended to have increased invulnerability time (e.g. using a Cross Necklace) and be immune to knockback (using a shield) when using them.
- Size-increasing modifiers like Large, Massive, Dangerous, and Legendary can make up for the short range.
- Given enough defense and high speed, the Fetid Baghnakhs prove useful for many boss fights like against Plantera and Golem, and most notably The Destroyer.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Bagh nakhs are clawed weapons from India designed to be easily concealed, hence the weapon's small size. The name of the weapon also means "Tiger's Claw" in Hindi, having said to be fashioned after the claws of big cats.
- The most well-known usage of the weapon was by the first Maratha emperor Shivaji who used a bichuwa and bagh nakh to defeat the Bijapur general Afzal Khan in the year 1659 CE.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Damage decreased from 70 to 60.
- Use Time increased from 7 to 8.
- Now only gains 25% benefit from increased melee speed stats.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: Introduced.