The Fish Bowl, Gold Fish Bowl , Pupfish Bowl , and Lava Serpent Bowl are decorative furniture items. The Fish Bowl and Gold Fish Bowl also double as wearable items that can be equipped in the player's helmet slot.
Fish Bowls cause only visual effects when placed in the helmet vanity slot. When instead placed in the functional head armor slot, the breath meter appears as if the player were underwater, and if worn long enough the player will drown and die. Breathing aids like the Breathing Reed or Gills Potion will allow for normal breathing when wearing the bowl.
Types[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- On Desktop and Mobile, wearing a Fish Bowl will activate the Merfolk buff when the Neptune's Shell is equipped; on Console, Old-gen console, and , it will not.
- When placed, attempting to destroy a Fish Bowl with a pickaxe or drill will not drop it, so it cannot be recovered once placed. However, it is possible to retrieve it by breaking the blocks beneath it.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Fish Bowl sells for 20, while its components only net 754 in total when sold (1246 / 62.3% less).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Fish Bowls will not turn red during a Blood Moon.
- The Gold Fish Bowl's tooltip, "'Is it a gold bowl? Or a gold fish?'", is a reference to the ambiguous name which could either mean a fish bowl which is gold, or a bowl containing a gold fish.
- The Lava Serpent seems to be the alive form of Bone Serpents, as it is mentioned in their Bestiary entry that they had obsidian scales: "Mighty serpentine dragons once ruled hell, but long ago shed their obsidian scales. A skeletal husk is all that remains."
- The Lava Serpent Bowl's tooltip ("No, you can't wear it on your head") is referencing the fact that the Fish Bowl and the Gold Fish Bowl are wearable as a helmet. It's unclear as to why this was specifically singled out, as the water-filled bowls are still dangerous to wear (considering you drown while they're equipped in an armor slot), though it's also likely it was simply a joke due to the fact that lava is clearly the more dangerous of the two.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Added Gold Fish Bowl, Pupfish Bowl and Lava Serpent Bowl.
- Wearing a Fish Bowl will now activate the Merfolk buff.
- Desktop 1.3.2: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Can now be placed.
- Sprite updated.
- Now only requires 1 Goldfish, down from 2.
- Desktop 1.0.4: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.