|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Spews homing bubbles|
- Flairon Bubble
The Flairon is a Hardmode melee weapon that repeatedly fires a ball-and-chain up to around 25 tiles from the player while releasing homing bubble projectiles that damage enemies. The Flairon has a
20*1/5 (20%) chance of being dropped by Duke Fishron.
The Flairon is a launched flail, that, despite its appearance, is more similar in function to the Chain Knife, the KO Cannon, and the Golem Fist than a normal flail. It is not affected by gravity, does not remain deployed when holding the ⚒ Use / Attack button, and cannot be swung around. Rather, holding the ⚒ Use / Attack button causes it to auto-fire repeatedly, returning and re-firing when it impacts a block or enemy, or when it reaches its maximum range.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase the average damage output by the same amount.
- The Flairon will emit a bubble every 1/15th of a second while it is out.
- Like most projectiles, the Flairon moves slower in liquids. However, as it emits bubbles while deployed, increasing the time it remains extended also increases its damage output.
- In the Desktop, Console, Mobile, Switch, and tModLoader versions, the Flairon's bubbles will not inflict debuffs, do not carry fire effects from the Magma Stone, its derivatives, or the Frost armor set bonus, and do not trigger the Hallowed armor's set bonus. The head, however, will carry all of these.
- Without modifiers, the head travels at a speed of 102 mph. This can be seen by using a Mechanical Cart (which travels at 102 mph according to the Stopwatch), and firing the direction opposite of where the player is going.
- The Flairon and its projectiles can go through one-block-thick walls. By flying against the wall in an up-and-down pattern and holding the ⚒ Use / Attack button, the Flairon will sometimes go through the wall.
- Simply standing right against the wall and firing as straight as possible into it will also work. This is best accomplished in the Console version, as it has a "non-cursor mode", which makes projectiles automatically home.
- In order to maximize the damage output, it is beneficial to try and run away from the direction the Flairon is thrown in.
- Because the Flairon produces the bubbles while it is being swung, it is more effective if aimed slightly away from desired targets. The bubbles do the same amount of damage as the main projectile but have the additional bonus of homing and frequency.
- On the Old-gen console and versions, the Flairon is one of most powerful melee weapons available. On the Desktop, Console, Mobile, Switch, and tModLoader versions, it is outclassed by the Solar Eruption, although its homing abilities make it useful in the endgame. On the Desktop version, Console version, Mobile version, and Nintendo Switch version, it is heavily outclassed by the Zenith, the final weapon in the game.
- The name Flairon is a portmanteau of flail and fishron.
- Re-Logic has referred to the Flairon as "Flailron" in patch notes.
- This is one of only three flails that fire additional projectiles, the others being the Drippler Crippler and the Flower Pow. Of these, the Flairon is the only launched flail out of the three.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Sell price increased from 2 to 5.
- Flairon's chain will now go back faster if it is too far and disappear if it still cannot catch up.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.