|Placeable||✓ (1 wide × 1 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
|Debuff tooltip||Lua error in Module:GameText at line 133: attempt to concatenate a nil value.|
The Flame Trap is a mechanism found naturally in the Jungle Temple. When activated, it fires a jet of fire, which has a range of 20 ( 47) blocks (slightly less than the Flamethrower), and can pierce an infinite number of enemies. It has a cooldown of 3.33 seconds / 3 seconds between firings and deals about 80 damage to players and 40 to enemies.
Although naturally-generated Flame Traps are always found in the horizontal orientation, players can rotate them 90° using a hammer.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Though the Jungle Temple is littered with traps, this type is fairly rare. It is possible that a given map's temple only features a single Flame Trap, or even none.
- It can damage players behind the block as well as above and below if a player stands too close to it.
- It does not function under water or honey, and its flame will stop premature to its maximum range if it makes contact with either. It does, however, function under and through lava.
- Unlike the Geyser, the Flame Trap's jet will only pierce blocks placed directly adjacent to it.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Flame Traps can no longer be broken with Explosives before Golem has been defeated.
- Desktop 1.3.1:
- Sprite updated.
- Can now be hammered to rotate 90 degrees at a time.
- Desktop 1.2.2: Flame Traps no longer trigger the Spectre Armor's set bonus (other traps were fixed in 188.8.131.52).
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.