|Knockback||0.3 (Extremely weak)|
|Use time||30 (Average)|
|Velocity||21 (not affected by ammo)|
|Tooltip||Uses gel for ammo|
For a standard Flamethrower, every press of the ⚒ Use / Attack button consumes one Gel and generates five "lines" of fire in quick succession that can be spread over an area by moving the mouse while firing. With some modifiers that increase firing speed (e.g. Unreal and Rapid), each attack consumes two Gel and fires six lines.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Water and Honey stop the Flamethrower's projectiles, although it will hit enemies just under its surface, and it will not fire at all while under water. The Flamethrower will fire into lava, but will not fire from within lava.
- The Flamethrower has the ability to pierce through 4 enemies, hitting up to about 5 enemies per shot.
- Each subsequent enemy hit induces a 15% damage penalty.
- If shot at a 1-block thick floor from below, enemies walking on top will take damage.
- As it requires Souls of Fright to craft, it is unavailable until defeating Skeletron Prime.
- Pink Gel cannot be used as ammo, and therefore cannot be used with the flamethrower.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Flamethrower is a great weapon for crowd control, being very effective against the Old One's Army or the Pirate Invasion.
- It is exceptional for fighting worms, because it can hit multiple segments at once.
- Although five to six shots can be fired per press, six shots fired at the same enemies are likely to only cause three hits on each enemy, which should be kept in mind so as not to waste Gel.
- When paired up with Frost armor, this weapon can inflict On Fire! and Frostburn at the same time. This is signified by orange and blue flames coming from the Flamethrower.
- A Flamethrower with the Slow modifier may actually be better, as it does not consume as much Gel but has around the same DPS.
- One could make a Gel farm using Slime Statues to easily stockpile ammunition. Gastropods are another abundant source.
- It can be helpful when fighting enemies that move quickly.
- It is completely useless against water-based enemies.
- Its piercing effect can be effective against the The Destroyer. Note however, that it is immune to the On Fire! debuff.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Damage increased from 27 to 35.
- Applies a 15% damage penalty to the next hit for each enemy a projectile pierces.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Flamethrower projectiles are no longer considered magic.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.