Flask of Gold
Flask of Gold
|Use time||17 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Melee and Whip attacks make enemies drop more gold|
|Buff||Weapon Imbue: Gold|
|Buff tooltip||Melee attacks make enemies drop more gold|
|Duration||20 minutes ()|
15 minutes ( )
The Flask of Gold is a flask that increases the number of coins dropped by enemies. While under the influence of a Flask of Gold, melee (and Whip) attacks will inflict enemies with Midas, causing them to drop 10%-50% more coins.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Flask of Gold also makes your pickaxe and melee weapons provide light, making it a sidegrade to the Shine Potion, since it also improves money drops but requires constant use of your weapons or tools.
- The Lucky Coin and its upgrades operate independently, and can make hunting and events even more profitable.
- All enemies and bosses are affected by any melee weapon, including "ranged" weapons such as Boomerangs -- As long as it deals "Melee" damage ( or as long as it is a Whip), it will be applied to it no matter what the attack is. One can tell which ones will apply the effect by the glowing golden sparkles the weapons/projectiles will emit upon use.
- When using the Flairon, only the Flail applies the buff, but not the bubbles.
- The total cost of buying the Gold Dust is 85. So, even with the lowest benefit possible (10%), you will get a return on investment after earning just 850 . Killing a Mimic, the Queen Bee, or any hardmode boss will do, but mass-killing pre-Hardmode bosses may be very profitable, and the Solar Eclipse is ideal.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Buff duration increased from 15 to 20.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Fixed bug where Flask of Gold would apply Ichor debuff on enemies rather than Midas debuff.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.