|Knockback||2 (Very weak)|
|Use time||36 (Very slow)|
|Tooltip||Summons a snow flinx to fight for you|
The Flinx Staff is a pre-Hardmode summon weapon that summons a Flinx minion. Upon hitting an enemy, it bounces off creating a small puff of blue smoke where it immediately tries to hit the enemy again. Sometimes it will not bounce far enough away from the enemy, and will deal damage two times within just a few frames. If the player gets too far away, goes behind a wall, or flies up in the air, the Flinx will twirl end over end towards the player. Like other minions, the summoned Flinx is invincible and follows the player for an unlimited amount of time, unless the player dies, summons a replacement minion, cancels the buff, or leaves the world.
Visually, the minion looks like a purple-colored Snow Flinx with a bun of fur behind its head.
Unlike other summon weapons, its best possible modifier is Mythical because both the Ruthless and Mythical modifiers only raise its base damage to 9 due to rounding.
- The Flinx cannot go through solid blocks. Summoning the Flinx inside of a solid block will cause it to stay there until the player walks far enough away that it has to fly to them.
- Because the Flinx deals damage on contact rather than with a bespoke attack pattern, it is one of the few minions that can damage Target Dummies without an enemy on-screen.
- The Flinx Staff is a reliable alternative to other early-game summoning weapons such as the Finch Staff and Slime Staff. Unlike other early-game summon weapons, it can be crafted using relatively common ingredients and does not require luck to obtain.
- It is the only minion-summoning weapon that consumes 5 mana instead of 10.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Introduced.