The Flow Invader is a Hardmode, post-Lunatic Cultist Enemy that spawns near and is summoned by the Stardust Pillar during the Lunar Events. When it spawns, three smaller minions will appear one at a time and begin orbiting it. The Flow Invader utilizes these as attacks, sending them as 1-2 high-speed projectiles towards the player. The orbiting minions will reappear over time.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Flow Invader will launch all of its remaining minions at the player upon death.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If the Flow Invader is killed shortly after it spawns, fewer minions will be launched at the player.
- Trying to kill this enemy somewhat on-screen will give a player enough reaction time to dodge the projectiles.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The flow invader's minions take the internal Projectile ID of 539.
- The flow invader's minions are also present as an unused NPC, having a graphically identical NPC of them named Mini Flow Invader.
- Due to its shape, name, AI, and attack method, it is likely a reference to the arcade game Space Invaders.
- The Bestiary entry for the Flow Invader: "A cosmic jellyfish-type creature infused with abundant celestial energies which summons smaller minions to serve as its weaponry."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Introduced.