- Internal Item ID: 3017
Flower Boots are a rare accessory which cause flowers to grow when the player walks on regular, Jungle, and Hallowed grass. These flowers are functionally the same as the tall weeds that grow naturally on grass, and drop Seeds and Hay normally.
total: 1 row(s)
- When walking on regular grass or Hallowed grass blocks, there is a 50% chance for a short flower and a 50% chance for a tall flower to generate. See the overview to the right for the flowers which can be generated. When walking on Jungle grass blocks, all flowers generated are tall ones.
- No flowers are generated if the player is currently using a hook or if the block is covered by any liquid or hammered in any way.
- When wearing Flower Boots, the chance of a critter spawning from destroyed plants is reduced to
0.01*1/10000 (0.01%) of the original chance. For instance, a Grasshopper has a 2*1/50 (2%) chance to spawn from destroyed tall grass and plants. With the Flower Boots equipped, it only has a 0.0002*1/500000 (0.0002%) chance to spawn. This applies to all tall grass and flowers, even if they were not generated by a player with Flower Boots.
- Flowers are generated every tick, if the conditions are fulfilled. This means that flowers will generate even when standing still: Any flora destroyed will instantly be replaced with a new flower where the player is standing.
- Neither Plantera's Bulbs nor Life Fruits will be grown by the boots when walking on Jungle grass.
- When using reversed gravity, flowers will grow on the grass block that the head touches, if there is a 3-tiles tall gap for the player to fit in. The block which the player is actually standing on will not sprout upside-down flowers, nor will it sprout vines.
- When combined with the Sickle, they can be used to quickly generate large amounts of Hay.
- It may be unwise to have Flower Boots equipped permanently, as they essentially eliminate the chance of obtaining critters for bait from destroyed plants.
- Upgrading the Flower Boots to Fairy Boots will decrease the rarity from to .
- True to their name, the Flower Boots will always cause flowers to grow, never ordinary tall grass. This discrepancy is purely aesthetic – flowers have the exact same properties as tall grass.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Drastically reduced the chance of critters spawning from destroyed plants when wearing Flower Boots.
- Flower Boots are now included in the Jungle Crate's loot pool.
- Now used to craft the Fairy Boots.
- Desktop 1.3.2: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Information taken from the Desktop 126.96.36.199 source code, method
Terraria.WorldGen.cs. There may be inaccuracies, as the current Desktop version is 188.8.131.52.
- A tick is a time unit countable by the software. Most of Terraria's updating logic happens every tick. A tick has the length of 1/60th of a second, hence there are 60 ticks in a second and 3600 ticks in a minute.