Flower of Fire
|Damage||48 / 44 (Magic)|
|Mana||12 / 15 / 17|
|Use time||16 (Very fast) /|
20 (Very fast)
|Tooltip||Throws balls of fire|
- Ball of Fire
The Flower of Fire is a pre-Hardmode magic weapon that can be found in Shadow Chests in The Underworld. It can also be found in the Obsidian Lock Box obtainable from Obsidian and Hellstone Crates. It launches a slow, non-piercing Ball of Fire that ricochets up to four times, dissipating on the fifth. It can inflict the On Fire! debuff upon impact.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Flower of Fire cannot be used under liquid and will not use mana. The projectile dissipates instantly on contact with water or honey.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Flower of Fire does exceptionally high damage for a pre-Hardmode weapon. Prior to Hardmode, it is second only to the Star Cannon in per-hit damage, and even rivals many high-tier Hardmode weapons in that statistic.
- The Flower of Fire is unusually cheap to reforge, costing only 41667 with no modifiers.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Flower of Frost can be considered the Hardmode upgrade to the Flower of Fire.
- Similar to the Flower of Frost, the Flower of Fire is a reference to the Super Mario platform game series, in which the Fire Flower is a power-up that gives the player the ability to throw similar bouncing fireballs.
- While the Flower of Fire and Flower of Frost's stems look very similar, they are actually different: the leaves are shaped more circular on the Flower of Frost, and there is a distinct lack of shading as well.
- The Wizard NPC hurls fireballs at enemies in his vicinity in a similar fashion to the Flower of Fire.
- The light produced by the fireball is red, while the light produced from the trail is white and the light from the explosion is orange.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Use time decreased from 20 to 16.
- Mana cost decreased from 15 to 12.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Mana cost reduced from 17 to 15.
- Damage increased from 44 to 48.
- Desktop 1.1:
- Can no longer be used in water.
- Mana cost decreased from 19 to 17.
- Name changed from "Fire Flower" to "Flower of Fire".
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.