Flower of Frost
|Damage||60 / 55 / 50 (Magic)|
|Mana||11 / 17|
|Use time||12 (Very fast) /|
20 (Very fast)
|Tooltip||Shoots a ball of frost|
|Debuff tooltip||It's either really hot or really cold. Either way it REALLY hurts|
|Chance||100% / 50%|
- Ball of Frost
The Flower of Frost is a Hardmode magic weapon that has a
31.67*19/60 (31.67%) chance to be dropped by Ice Mimics in the Ice biome. It launches a slow, non-piercing Ball of Frost that ricochets up to seven times (but not off of platforms), dissipating on the eighth. It can inflict the Frostburn debuff upon impact.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- On all versions, the Flower of Frost has a 50% chance to inflict the Frostburn debuff in player-versus-player scenarios. However, the debuff can still be activated even if the player receiving damage dodges the initial shot, e.g. with a Black Belt or Master Ninja Gear.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Flower of Frost can be a powerful weapon in early Hardmode because of its relatively high DPS, ease to obtain and bouncing properties.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Flower of Frost can be considered the Hardmode upgrade to the pre-Hardmode Flower of Fire.
- Similar to the Flower of Fire, the Flower of Frost is a reference to the Super Mario platform game series, in which the Ice Flower is a power-up that gives the player the ability to throw bouncing ice balls that freeze enemies on contact.
- While the Flower of Fire and Flower of Frost's stems look very similar, they are actually different: the leaves are shaped more circular on the Flower of Frost, and there is a distinct lack of shading as well.
- In contrast to the Ball of Fire, the Ball of Frost can move through all liquids, falls slower, and gains height with each bounce.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Sprite updated.
- Damage increased from 55 to 60.
- Use time decreased from 20 to 12.
- Mana cost decreased from 17 to 11.
- Increased Frostburn chance from 50% to 100%.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Damage increased from 50 to 55.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Fixed bug where Frostburn wasn't applied in PvP when using Flower of Frost.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.