- Internal Item ID: 934
The Flying Carpet is activated by holding ↷ Jump in mid-air, after all double-jumping accessories are used. Once it is activated, the player is put on an imaginary horizontal rail. Releasing the key deactivates the carpet, but it may be reactivated at a lower height if there is still flight time left.
- In the Mobile version, the Flying Carpet activates automatically after jumping.
- The Flying Carpet will not propel the player upwards on its own.
- The carpet is only visible when being used.
- The Flying Carpet moves at a speed of 23 mph and is affected by movement speed bonuses.
- With practice, it is possible to closely estimate total flight time to maximize usage efficiency.
- With skillful use of a hook, the carpet will allow for one of the best early-game mobility options.
- While rapidly pressing the ↷ Jump key allows the Flying Carpet to stay afloat twice as long, this is rather impractical.
- Paired with a long-ranged weapon, it can be very useful when fighting most enemies.
- The Flying Carpet is a useful early-game tool for catching flying critters, due to its high speed and ability to stay at the right height until the critter glides to normal flying height.
- Using the Flying Carpet allows the player to very quickly ascend single-block slopes and staircases.
- It can be used together with Shoe Spikes or Climbing Claws to imitate the Tiger Climbing Gear's ability to remain at a fixed height on a wall, albeit rather briefly.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Item and equipped sprites updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.