|AI Type||Bat AI|
|Banner||Flying Snake Banner|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Solar Tablet Fragment (1-2)14.29%
- Internal NPC ID: 226
The Flying Snake is a flying Enemy that spawns primarily in the Jungle Temple, alongside Lihzahrd. The only spawning requirement appears to be that the player stand in front of the Temple background wall.
- Flying Snakes and Lihzahrds will begin to spawn if the player stands in front of natural Lihzahrd Brick Wall at the entrance to the Temple, even if Hardmode has not been activated yet.
- The Flying Snake may be based on Quetzalcoatl, a deity in Aztec, Mayan, and Olmec Mythology, or real-life flying snakes, which live in Southeast Asia.
- Flying Snakes are technically the Enemy with the most base damage which a player can encounter pre-Hardmode, as it can spawn at the entrance of the Lihzahrd Temple before Hardmode has been activated.
- Flying Snakes appear to have the same wings that Slimer has, looking similar to the Demon Wings.
- The Bestiary entry for the Flying Snake: "Kept as pets and guardians by the Lihzahrd race, the flying snakes will attack any who trespass on the Temple's protected grounds."
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Drop rate for Lihzahrd Power Cell increased to 2%.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.