The Frog is a background critter that primarily serves as environment flavor and spawns on the surface Jungle at any time. On Desktop, Console, Mobile, and Switch, they are able to swim at water surface. Due to them having only 5 HP and no defense, they are often killed instantly by enemies or the player itself. A Frog behaves like the other common ground critters - it moves around aimlessly as a bunny, penguin or squirrel would, until despawned or killed. Gold frogs have a 1/150 chance to spawn instead of the regular variant.
It can be caught with any Bug Net to be carried around in the inventory and released later, or crafted into a Frog Cage to be used as decorative furniture. Once crafted, the caged Frog cannot be released again, and when placed down it moves around inside the cage as it would do outside.
total: 5 row(s)
- The Bestiary entry for the Frog: "Prefers bodies of water filled with thick growth. Perfectly content both on land and underwater."
- As it is by far the most common naturally spawning critter (i.e. not spawned from destroyed flora), Jungle Towns will often be inundated with them.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Can now be used to craft Frog Statues.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.06: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.