The Frost Moon is an event similar to that of the Pumpkin Moon, but much harder. One can summon the Frost Moon using a Naughty Present. Like the Pumpkin Moon, the Frost Moon is a wave-based event, with each wave harder than the last. The player may want to note that the Frost Moon is much harder than the Pumpkin Moon, and loot is much harder to obtain. Unlike the Pumpkin Moon, it cannot overlap with a Blood Moon when summoned manually. Keep in mind, leaving the world and re-entering will cause the event to be cancelled. This also applies to the Pumpkin Moon.
While the Frost Moon is active, the exclusive Frost Moon theme will play.
The mobs spawned in each wave are listed below:
- Having a decent stage with Lihzahrd Temple traps, Heart Lanterns & Campfires gives a good chance of defeating most waves in this event.
- Due to the high difficulty of this event, it is recommended that players do not attempt it until at least all three mechanical bosses have been beaten.
- Having a field of lava covering the screen with a small area available, preferably with traps all around it, can sometimes help to contain the monsters since the monsters cannot spawn over lava.
- This event will have a better chance of getting loot if the game is played in multiplayer.
- Players should consider using asphalt to chase the Ice Queen due to her fast movement.
- A Flask of Ichor works great as the debuff will kill enemies and bosses faster.
- Unfortunately, this doesn't work as great as Cursed Inferno does.
- Baby Grinch's Mischief Whistle
- Blizzard Staff
- Chain Gun
- Christmas Hook
- Christmas Tree Sword
- Elf Melter
- Elf Outfit
- Festive Wings
- North Pole
- Reindeer Bells
- Snowman Cannon
- After December 22, the Frost Moon will not be able to be summoned in multiplayer until all buffs are removed first.
- On the 3DS Version, there is no Frost Moon music and it will crash the game sometimes.
- Added to the game.