|Use time||23 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Shoots an icy bolt|
- Frost Bolt
|End of projectile|
The Frostbrand is a Hardmode sword which fires a frost bolt projectile when swung, similar to the Ice Blade, costing no ammunition or mana to do so. The frost bolt fires every 55 frames or about 0.9 seconds, emits light, deals the same damage as the sword, is not affected by gravity, and can hit up to two times via piercing. The Frostbrand is dropped by Ice Mimics in the Ice biome with a
It is capable of autoswing.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
- While the cooldown is active, the player can neither switch items, look in another direction, nor utilize Auto Select, but they can continue swinging the blade.
- A small particle effect and the mana recharge sound will notify the player of a recharged ice bolt.
- The Frostbrand is a rather powerful Hardmode sword, even when compared to the Excalibur: The former is far easier to obtain (since no Hardmode bosses have to be defeated) and has added ranged capabilities. It also can be more useful than the Beam Sword in some scenarios, because while the Beam Sword does slightly more damage, Frostbrand's projectile will pierce an enemy, hitting some bosses twice.
- The Frostbrand's projectile is similar to the one fired by the Frost Staff magic weapon, except that the staff costs mana, auto-fires rapidly, has slightly higher velocity, and does slightly less damage.
- The Frostbrand appears in Dungeon Defenders 2 as a weapon.
- The Frostbrand can be considered a Hardmode upgrade to the Ice Blade as both swords are located in the Ice biome, have similar-looking features and both swords fire a blue projectile with a small cooldown in between each one.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Can now autoswing.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.