Frostburn is a debuff that prevents health regeneration and causes the afflicted player to lose 8 / 6 health per second and the NPCs to lose 8 health per second. If the enemy is Oiled, they will take 33 damage per second instead.
The debuff is very useful early to mid-game, as only 31 enemies in the game are immune to it. Only the Ice Elemental inflicts the Frostburn effect.
|Frostburn Arrow||3 seconds||33.3%|
|Flower of Frost||8 seconds||100% / 50%|
|Frost armor (Ranged or melee attack)||5–14 seconds||100%|
|Cool Whip||4 seconds||100%|
|6 / 12 / 15 seconds|
- Desktop 1.4.1: Players inflicted with this effect now lose 8 health per second, up from 6.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Fixed bug where frostburn wasn't applied in player-versus-player scenarios when using the Flower of Frost.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Damage doubled, but damage is done at half the rate. Wearing Frost Armor no longer makes Spiky Ball Traps give Frostburn debuffs.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced with changes up to Desktop 1.2.3.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: No longer deals percentage-based damage.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.