|Tooltip||Grants immunity to knockback|
Puts a shell around the owner when below 50% life that reduces damage by 25%
Absorbs 25% of damage done to players on your team when above 25% life
|Buff tooltip||25% of damage taken will be redirected to another player|
|Duration||Infinite (while conditions are met, and only to other players)|
|Buff tooltip||Damage taken is reduced by 25%|
|Duration||Infinite (while health is below 50%)|
The Frozen Shield is a post-Plantera Hardmode shield accessory combining the functionalities of Paladin's Shield and the Frozen Turtle Shell, redirecting some damage done to teammates to the player and providing the player with a damage-absorbing shield when they are at low health.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The low-health shield does not stack with Frozen Turtle Shell, and the team damage redirection effect does not stack with the Paladin's Shield nor the Hero Shield.
- When the player's health is between 25% and 50%, they both give the Paladin's Shield buff to nearby teammates and get the Ice Barrier buff at the same time.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Although technically available later in the game than the Ankh Shield, the Frozen Shield is a great alternative because of its defensive abilities and much simpler crafting tree, especially if debuff resistance is not necessary.
- The Frozen Shield can be considered more effective than the Ankh Shield during singleplayer boss fights, given that most boss encounters do not cause debuffs that can be prevented by the Ankh Shield, and the Paladin's Shield effect will not cause the player to take increased damage.
- With the Warding modifier, the Frozen Shield has 10 defense and a 25% damage reduction when the player is below 50% health, making it an extraordinarily strong defense accessory in singleplayer.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168.0: Introduced.