|Tooltip||Grants immunity to knockback|
Puts a shell around the owner when below 50% life that reduces damage by 25%
Absorbs 25% of damage done to players on your team when above 25% life
- Internal Item ID: 3997
The Frozen Shield is a post-Plantera Hardmode shield accessory combining the functionalities of Paladin's Shield and the Frozen Turtle Shell, redirecting some damage done to teammates to the player and providing the player with a damage-absorbing shield when they are at low health.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The low-health shield does not stack with Frozen Turtle Shell, and the team damage redirection effect does not stack with the Paladin's Shield nor the Hero Shield.
- When your health is between 25% and 50% you can both give the Paladin’s Shield buff to nearby teammates and get the Ice Barrier buff at the same time.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Although technically available later in the game than the Ankh Shield, the Frozen Shield is a great alternative because of its defensive abilities and much simpler crafting tree, especially if debuff resistance is not necessary.
- The Frozen Shield can be considered more effective than the Ankh Shield during singleplayer boss fights, given that most boss encounters don't cause debuffs that can be prevented by the Ankh Shield, and the Paladin's Shield effect won't cause the player to take increased damage.
- With the "Warding" modifier, the Frozen Shield has 10 defense and a 25% damage reduction when player is below 50% health, making it an extremely strong defense accessory in single-player.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52.0: Introduced.