|Placeable||✓ (1 wide × 2 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||'Said to bring good fortune and keep evil spirits at bay'|
The Garden Gnome is a small furniture item formed when a Gnome touches sunlight. A placed Garden Gnome positively influences the player's Luck stat by 0.2. The buff is applied to any players standing within a rectangular area of 170×125 () / 100×84 () tiles centered on the Garden Gnome, similar to the Heart Lantern. Additional Garden Gnomes do not increase luck further.
Garden Gnomes have five different sprites when placed (which are functionally identical):
- Facing a direction with their arms akimbo.
- Facing a direction while slouching.
- Facing a direction with their arms on their side.
- Mooning their bottom toward the screen.
- Facing the screen.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Sunlight is defined by the following conditions:
- A Garden Gnome will also form if there are solid blocks above the Gnome. It will not form if the Gnome is under water.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- As they are relatively easy to obtain, it can be advantageous to place them wherever Luck comes into play, e.g. boss arenas and farming locations.
- The way the gnome faces when it is in profile depends on the tile it is placed on; not the direction the player is facing.
- Unlike other buff furniture, the Garden Gnome does not apply a visible buff to the player to show that its effect is active. One can improvise by placing another area-effect object (such as a Campfire or Sunflower) next to the Garden Gnome and looking for that buff icon to estimate whether the luck bonus is being applied.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Fixed an odd pixel on one of the frames of the Garden Gnome.
- Fixed a minor tile framing issue with Garden Gnomes.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124.0: Introduced.