|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Summons a rideable Winged Slime mount|
|Buff||Winged Slime Mount|
|Buff tooltip||BOING FLAP BOING!|
The Gelatinous Pillion is a Hardmode mount-summoning item. When used, it summons a friendly Winged Slime Mount. Similar to the pre-Hardmode Slime Mount, the Winged Slime offers increased jump height, provides boosted movement speed, negates fall damage, and allows continuous auto-jump by holding the ↷ Jump key. It also shares the Slime Mount's abilities to deal damage to enemies when jumping on them from above, and floating when entering liquids. Its max speed on land is 33 mph.
The Winged Slime Mount grants about 2 seconds of flight time, similar to low-tier Wings, allowing the player to fly up to a height of 73 tiles, as well as gliding while holding the ↷ Jump key after flight time has been exhausted. It can also hover by holding ▼ Down, similar to the Hoverboard.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This mount can essentially be used as Wings, as it allows short flight and gliding.
- This means that wings can be somewhat avoided, along with other movement accessories. This can make a lot of room for more Combat Accessories.
- Your max horizontal speed is greater when in free fall than when moving on land, so it is recommended to keep jumping if trying to maintain max speed
- The Gelatinous Pillion is faster than using any of the sprinting accessories except Lightning Boots, Frostspark Boots, and the Terraspark Boots, as the mount only moves at 33 mph max on land, however, the mount can fall at max speed of 103 mph straight down or even up to 116 mph when falling diagonally. This means that when the mount isn't falling, it is only 1 mph slower than the fastest boots in the game.
- Exhausting the flight time on your Mounts wings will exhaust the flight time on your Wings accessory, and vice versa, although mounting/un-mounting right before exhausting will allow you to essentially combine the flight times.
- Its damage is considered as summon damage, as with other damage dealing mounts, so accessories like the Summoner Emblem can further increase it.
- Having wings with boost abilities like the Jetpack allows you to reach much higher altitudes with the Gelatinous Pillion. This is achieved by holding UP while flying with the wings and switching to your mount midair, which makes you accelerate upwards dramatically.
- Due to the high fall speed of the mount, and the fact that it does not increase player width, it is useful for getting down a hellevator faster.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Gelatinous Pillion has a similar sounding name to the Slimy Saddle.
- In real life, a pillion is a cushion attached behind a saddle for an additional passenger. This is not the case in the game, however, as the Gelatinous Pillion is the actual saddle itself.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52.0: Introduced.