Gem Bunnies are harmless critters that can be caught with any Bug Net and do not normally interact with the player in any other way, except in that they can be killed by both players and enemies. They have 5 health and usually serve as ambient entities in Terraria.
Most naturally-spawned Gem Bunnies can be caught with a Bug Net, and carried in the player's inventory (or placed in storage). If a bunny caught with any Bug Net is taken from inventory and "used" (placed), it is again released into the environment at the cursor and behaves as usual.
|Gem Bunny||NPC ID|
Internal Item ID: 4838
Internal Item ID: 4839
Internal Item ID: 4840
Internal Item ID: 4841
Internal Item ID: 4842
Internal Item ID: 4843
Internal Item ID: 4844
total: 7 row(s)
- Although representing different gem types, they all sell for 10.
- During Parties, most Gem Bunnies will be replaced by the party variant of normal Bunnies.
- The best way to spawn any Gem Bunny is to make a town in the cavern layer. They tend to spawn around NPCs, especially town NPCs, but may also spawn near the Skeleton Merchant or any bound NPC.
- The Bestiary entry for Gem Bunnies: "These colorful rabbits made their way so deep, their reaction to magicked gems resulted in a coveted sparkling appearance."
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced
- Console 220.127.116.11.4.1: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168.0: Introduced.