Gem Squirrels are harmless critters that can be caught with any Bug Net and do not normally interact with the player in any other way, except in that they can be killed by both players and enemies. They have 5 health and usually serve as ambient entities in Terraria.
Most naturally spawned Gem Squirrels can be caught with a Bug Net, and carried in the player's inventory (or placed in storage). If a squirrel caught with any Bug Net is taken from inventory and "used" (placed), it is again released into the environment at the cursor and behaves as usual.
|Gem Squirrel||NPC ID|
Internal Item ID: 4831
Internal Item ID: 4832
Internal Item ID: 4833
Internal Item ID: 4834
Internal Item ID: 4835
Internal Item ID: 4836
Internal Item ID: 4837
total: 7 row(s)
- Although gem squirrels represent various different gem types, they all sell for 10.
- The best way to spawn any Gem Squirrel is to make a town in the cavern layer. They tend to spawn around NPCs, especially town NPCs, but may also spawn near the Skeleton Merchant or any bound NPC.
- The Bestiary entry for Gem Squirrels: "Glistening squirrels who strayed too deep become ensorcelled with residual cursed energy retained in gemstones."
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced
- Console 22.214.171.124.4.1: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199.0: Introduced.