- Internal Tile ID: 255-268
Gemspark Blocks are blocks that glow. The color of the glow depends on the gem used to craft the block. They are also considered mechanisms, as their glow can be toggled by wiring them to a trigger. Gemspark Blocks are crafted from Gems and Glass at a Work Bench.
Gemspark Blocks will also color and add a glowing effect to Waterfalls. This requires hammering a Gemspark Block so that water flows over it. When the Gemspark Block is in its active state, the resulting waterfall will take on the color of the Gemspark block, and will glow for its entire length. Glowing waterfalls emit a very faint light onto other objects. Gemspark Blocks will not change the color of Lavafalls or Honey.
- Gemspark Blocks do not count as valid light sources for NPC houses.
- When two (or more) Gemspark colored waterfalls of different colors contact each other, the colors will combine.
- Vertical waterfalls created by a water only supported by a half block don't change their color, even if this half block is a Gemspark.
- Actuated Gemspark blocks still provide light.
total: 21 row(s)
- It is possible that Gemspark Blocks, along with several other items and mechanics, were taken from holo the everything, a TConfig mod by Yoraiz0r, former modder and one of Re-Logic's programmers.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Topaz Gemspark Blocks now emit yellow light rather than purple.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Updated Gemspark Tiles to make the inner border complete. Fixed bug where Gemspark Blocks wouldn't merge well after being actuated.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Gemspark Blocks now properly glow when dropped as items in the world.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.06: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.